CODE OF CONDUCT
Summary of Player’s Code of Conduct
- Show respect for all team members, coaches and managers.
- Always agree with referees and officials, never argue.
- Participate to the best of your ability at all times.
- Good sportsmanship and behaviour is essential.
- Be reliable and attend all training sessions and games. Inform your coach or manager if you cannot attend.
- Wear a club shirt to all games.
- Listen to your coach or manager, do what is expected of you.
- Remain together as a team and encourage other players.
- Compete by competition conditions and rules.
- Control your temper (no criticism by word or gesture).
- Your speech, attitude and conduct on the field should be beyond reproach.
Summary of Parent’s Code of Conduct
- Encourage all children to participate if they are interested, however do not force a child who is unwilling.
- Focus upon the child’s efforts and performance rather than the overall outcome of the event. This helps the child to set realistic goals related to their ability and reduces the emphasis on winning.
- Reinforce that an honest effort is as important as victory.
- Encourage children to participate according to the rules and good sportsmanship.
- Children play sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Children learn by example, please be a positive one. Applaud good play by all teams.
- If you disagree with an official, raise the issue through the appropriate channels rather than questioning the official’s judgement and honesty in public.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Avoid abuse or derogatory language at all times.
- Kids have the right to play without having to hear:
“Wake up! Don’t just stand there!”
“You have GOT to be kidding me!”
“Why do I waste my time coming?”
“Watch the game ref you might enjoy it.”
“Kick it! Kick it!”
- Recognise and value the importance of volunteers (coaches, managers, committee members, and officials).